- A summary of the last few weeks: got laid off two weeks ago; wallowed around for three days; had a couple of people (who are too good to me, who I barely deserve) kick me in the ass; am doing some stuff that I'm not quite willing to talk about in public yet, but. The laid off thing sucks, it's awful and horrible and wretched, but at the same time, I was trapped in a job that wasn't entirely fulfilling and I needed to make a change and I would never have made a change on my own. I'm lazy and I like things that are safe.
So being laid off, that was a big old kick in the pants to do some dangerous things. Get the hell out of my comfort zone. We'll see.
Basically: no sympathy necessary, but this is one of the biggest reasons I've been absent for a while, and probably will continue to be so for a while. And now you know.
- With re: Dreamwidth. Eventually I am going to import my journal and start cross-posting, but for the moment, I am just posting on LJ. For what it's worth/for your reading list maintenance/etc etc etc. I am reading my Dreamwidth list actively, though, if that matters to your maintenance.
- I also have
four three one Dreamwidth code left, so if you still want/need one, leave an email address I can send one to. First come first serve, anybody eligible!
- Flickr and/or Yahoo finally fixed the bug that wouldn't let me renew my paid account sometime in the last few weeks, and so I am all renewed up through June 2010. HOORAY. It is, without a doubt, the best thing I pay for on the internet every year. Except for maybe live StatTracker for my fantasy baseball team. But probably not.
- Classic bands of the 80s and 90s whose greatest hits/best album I should add to iTunes? shep. and I rocked out to the Bangles' Greatest Hits and Salt-n-Pepa's Very Necessary on Saturday, and I just re-imported The Immaculate Collection, but I need some ideas of other things to import/track down/etc etc etc. GOOD CHEESY AMAZING BAD AWESOME SUMMER MUSIC, PLS.
- Drinking coffee, applying to day jobs at Duke, catching up on podcasts. Blah blah blah blah blah. MY LIFE IS BORING, OKAY?